Ingredients – serves 4 to 6 – The Sultan’s Kitchen page 127
- 900gms boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 3tbsps of clarified butter (ghee)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.5 bunch scallions, trimmed and finely chopped with some green parts included
- 2 medium Italian green peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablspoon finely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 0.5 teaspoon Turkish red pepper or ground red pepper – substitute may be a mix of cayenne and paprika
- 1 cup of chicken stock
Melt the butter over medium heat and gently brown the chicken, stirring, for about three minutes until lightly browned all over.
Gently stir in the garlic, scallions, green peppers, tomatoes, dill, parsley, turkish red pepper and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then lower and cover and simmer for 15 mins until the chicken is cooked through and most of the liquid absorbed.
Place the eggplant on the plates and spoon the chicken plus the sauce on top. Serve with salad.