Ingredients – serves 6 – from The Food of Spain loc 4148
- 6 large red bell peppers (one each)
- a head of garlic
- 450gms small to medium red or white onions, NOT peeled
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (one each)
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin or to taste
- A handful of black olives
Line two baking sheets with foil, peppers and garlic on one sheet and onions on the other; put peppers on the top shelf and onions on the lower at around 180-190C. Roast peppers for 40-45 mins until skin blisters and blackens; take out and put in covered pan to steam and allow easy removal of skin. Let the onions carry on further until soft. Take out garlic after 20 mins or so when soft.
Peel and cut up the peppers; peel and slice the onions in half, then into thick slices. Arrange on a shallow bowl.
Peel the garlic cloves, blend in a food processor with olive oil, lemon juice, salt to taste and cumin. Pour over the vegetables along with juice reserved from the roasted peppers. Leave to sit a whoi