Another excellent Food Wishes recipe. It is just not possible to go wrong with these ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-oz) coconut milk (not low fat!)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup sliced assorted sweet and/or hot peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 pounds sea bass, or other firm white fish, cut into chunks – not you can mix with other items like shrimps, mussels etc
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- serve with rice
Saute sliced onions with salt and olive oil until softened; add tomato paste, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne and fresh up in the oil enough to form fonde on bottom.
Add coconut oil and a little soy sauce; simmer for about five minutes. After simmering, turn up heat a little and add thinly sliced peppers and green onion to soften; add fish, coat with sauce; cover and cook on medium high for five minutes or so until the fish starts to flake.
Add additional salt if needed, chopped cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.