Ingredients – serves 4 – Persiana
- 4 onions thinly sliced in half moons
- juice of 5 lemons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 400g greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp crushed sea salt(?!)
- generous pinch saffron threads
- 3 tbsps boiling water
- 6 large boneless chicken breasts cut into 5cm pieces
Put the onions, lemon juice, olive oil, turmeric, yoghurt and sea salt in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
Grind saffron in a pestle and mortar to a powder, pour over boiling water and leave to infuse 5-10 mins; mix into the above with the chicken and marinade for at least an hour and ideally overnight.
Preheat the oven and line a tray with non-stick baking paper(?). Grill or bake for 18-20 mins maximum until a little charred but moist; serve with basmati rice or flour tortilla.