Ingredients – for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3rds cup chopped onion
- 1.5kgs of spare ribs cut into finger sized pieces
- 2/3 cup of chopped carrot
- 2/3 cup of chopped celery
- 1.5 cups of canned tomatoes or fresh
- salt and pepper
Chose a saute pan big enough for all the ribs no more than two layers deep. Put in the olive oil and chopped onion and cook on medium heat until pale gold. Put in the ribs, turning to cat well and brown all over.
Add the carrot and celery and cook until nearly tender.
Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and cover leaving a small gap and cook until the meat is very tender, maybe 1-1.5 hours. If the ribs start to stick or water runs down then add half a cup etc. If there is too much water left then boil off the water at the end.
VARIATION: Can also swap in sausages instead, cut in half and use plain sausages.