Another great quick pasta lunch – serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100gms smoked pancetta (or bacon block?!)
- 1 fresh chilli seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes peeled and chopped
- scant 1 cup/250ml of heavy cream
- 340gms of farfalle
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a pan, add the pancetta and chilli and cook over medium heat for 5 mins until lightly browned. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and cook over low heat for 25 mins. Stir in the cream and cook over very low heat for 5 mins until thickened.
Cook the farfalle in a large pot of salted water, drain and add to the sauce and cook stirring continuously. Sprinkle with the parmesan.