Originally a dish from San Francisco. Saveur has a recipe for it as below and foodwishes also has a video, so looks worth giving a try especially for family lunch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 225gms ground beef chuck
- 300gms frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten (i.e. two eggs each)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.25 cup grated parmesan cheese
- crusty bread for serving
Heat the oil over a medium heat, add the garlic and onion and cook until soft (about five minutes. Add chick and stir until browned and all moisture evaporates, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook until heated right through, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and cook until eggs are cooked and mixture is slightly dry. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parmesan. Serve with bread.