Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 small (240-330gms) bunch fresh spinach, trimmed, washed and coarsely chopped
- 0.5 cup of water
- 1-3 fresh green chilli peppers, stemmed
- 3 cups non fat (really?!) plain yoghurt, whisked until smooth
- 0.5 cup of milk, any kind
- 0.5 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 0.5 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 0.5 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 0.5 teaspoon dried ground fenugreek leaves
In a saucepan cover and cook the spinach with the water until wilted – 5 mins or so. Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Add to the food processor the green chilli peppers, yoghurt, milk and salt and blend again until smooth.
Heat the oil in a small nonstick pan over medium high heat and cook the cumin and mustard seeds – they should splutter upon contact with the hot oil, so cover and reduce heat until the spluttering subsides. Quickly add the mint and fenugreek and then pour the seasoned oil on the soup. Stir lightly to mix – leave some visibile as a garnish. Serve.