- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound red potatoes unpeeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 cup prewashed white quinoa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (or tinned?) corn
- 2 tomatoes cored and chopped coarse
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 180gms feta or queso fresco cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 0.5 cup fresh cilantro
Heat oil in a Dutch oven (casserole OK I’m sure) over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and pepper and cook until softened – 5 to 7 mins. Stir in garlic, paprika, coriander and cumin and cook until fragrant – about 30 secs. Stir in broth and potatoes and bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Stir in quinoa and simmer for 8 mins; stir in corn and simmer until potatoes and quinoa are just tender, 5 to 7 mins. Stir in tomatoes and peas and heat through, about 2 mins.
Off the heat, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with cheese, avocado and cilantro before serving.