Serves four – can’t get much easier than this.
- 4 fish steaks or thick fish fillets – firm fish such as hake, monkfish or turbot
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few sprigs of parsley finely chopped
Heat the garlic in the oil in a large frying pan until it just begins to color. Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Put the fish in to simmer gently until done, from 4 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish, turning them over once. The Flesh should just begin to flake. Add parsley and serve hot or cold.