- 1kg or so butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon za’atar spice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey – quite sweet anyway, so probably can cut back on this
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 230C. Toss squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil in bowl and season with salt and pepper; lay squash in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and roast until well browned and tender – 30 to 35 mins – stirring half way through; remove squash from oven, sprinkle with za’atar and let cool for 15 mins.
Whisk shallot. lemon juice, honey and 0.25 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; drizzle in remaining olive oil; add squash, parsley and seeds and toss gently to combine; arrange on platter and sprinkle on pomegranate seeds.