- cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream or yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 mint sprigs, leaves only – how big is a sprig?
- variation: garlic, parsley, chervil, basil or cilantro instead of mint; add cumin, coriander or mustard seeds to the dressing
Peel and slice the cucumbers, put in a bowl and sprinkle on the salt.
In another bowl combine 0.25 cup heavy cream or yoghurt, 3 tablespoons olive oil, juice of 0.5 lemon, pepper; pour over the cucumber. Toss with the coarsely chopped mint.