Recipes to think about in the short term by cookbook.
- Watermelon, mint, olive and cheese salad – very easy, helps use up mint, looks like a classic – location 116.
- Poached egg with garlic yoghurt – pop poached egg on yoghurt flavored with garlic and salt; pour over paprika mixed in melted butter; add some herbs; eat with toast.
- Ceviche with line and grapefruit – slice the fish thinly, use half the grape fruit and half the lime for ceviche and the other halves to eat with the dish; also add capers, olive oil and salt.
- Beef meatballs with sumac and garlicky yoghurt – maybe try with a mixture of pork and beef plus bake rather than deep fry. Otherwise sounds great.
- Liver with fresh onions and parsley – only cook the liver (onions cut), also uses dill and pepper flakes; lambs liver.
- Chicken with apricots and almonds – easy, needs orzo and dried apricots, currants and almond flakes
- Watermelon and ginger juice – remove seeds and blitz in food processor; add ginger crushed in pestle and mortar to infuse; strain and cool
- Whit beans in tomato sauce – canned beans cooked with tomato, onion, pepper, tomato paste, red pepper paste – should be a classic
- Leeks slow cooked in olive oil – just like the name says. Easy.
- Rice with spinach – long grain rice; cook rice with onion and stock flavored with garlic, tomato etc then mix in spinach cooked and chopped up the conventional way.
- Grilled eggplant and pepper salad – roast eggplants and peppers; add some mild chilli peppers, garlic and lemon or lime juice; mix peeled and chopped eggplant with peeled peppers cut into small dice. Key point is whether OK roasting vs grilling is OK for eggplant etc; variations based on cilantro vs mint or dill also worth looking at – page 111
- Farro salad – cook farro by boiling; otherwise ingredients are very typical of Mediterranean salad i.e. diced tomato, cucumber, chopped peppers, lemon juice, mint, parsley, olive oil
- Fava bean salad – order 500g of frozen shelled fava beans from rakuten; with cilantro, lemon, olive oil, olives.
- Leeks cooked in white wine – parboil, then cook with olive oil, garlic and white wine; parsley and black olives for garnish
- Mushrooms in garlic sauce – whole or halved mushrooms;
1,000 Indian Recipes
- Spinach yoghurt soup – cook spinach in normal way; add yoghurt and process in blender; add spices after cooking in oil
- Carrot and cashew salad – grate carrot and mix with grated coconut; add cashews and spices after heating in peanut oil
- grilled mashed zucchini with onion and tomatoes – roast zucchini; mash; fry onion; add spices, tomato, cilantro and cook
- Coconut fish curry – pound ginger, garlic, chilli, salt; fry onions; add ginger-garlic paste; add tomates add other spices; cook with coconut milk and add lime