Below are places to order foreign ingredients on the web, foreign food specialty shops or other foody information sources.
Web sites with articles on Tokyo shopping
Specialist shops for ingredients
- A gourment meat store that actually sells lambs kidneys!
- High quality olive oil: Plain Company
- Bosnian honey: hvala
- Southamerican produce: Nambei.com
- Indian foods: India at home
- Authentic Italian foods – looks on pricy side: Vera Italia
- Halal foods from variety of countries: Rose Family
- Halal foods online: Sonali
- Indian foods – nicer than average website: Maya Basaar – nice selection of dhal which is easy to chose from plus frozen goat meat and paneer.
- SE Asian, Chinese variety: Nozawaya – in Ueno ameyokochou and looks by far the best. They sell whole frozen habanero.
- Delivery from Costco: The Flying Pig
- Thai ingredients: Asia Road – not so many
- Halal shop and supermarket including some African ingredients: Al Flah