- four small or three medium oranges
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinagar
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 or 5 small black olives per person
Remove the peel and membrane of the oranges, slice into round pinwheels and arrange. Cut a red onion lengthwise and then cross wise (prettier), soak in water if the taste is strong and add to the salad.
Make a vinagrette with 2 tablespoons of orange juice (freshly squeezed?!), the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper and olive oil. Pour over and garnish with small black olives.