- Choose two or three leaves such as radicchio, escarole, curly endive, chicory, rocket, lamb’s lettuce.
- SERVES 6 300g salad leaves
- 500g seedless black or white grapes
- 1 dessert apple, peeled and sliced
- 200g Fontina cheese or gruyère, cut into thin strips
- 12 or more walnut halves, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spread the salad leaves in a flat, wide serving dish. Arrange the grapes, diced apple, cheese and walnuts on top. Make a dressing with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over the salad.
Great salad – works perfectly every time!