Another recipe with the fantastic advantage of being very, very simple but at the same time very healthy. Known as Salladirma from Sakarya-Marmara Region apparently. Here is the recipe.
- 1 bunch baby spinach, washed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large tomato, peeled, diced
- 1 tbsp crushed tomato, canned
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the spinach for about 2-3 minutes, drain.
- Meanwhile saute the onion with olive oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the spinach on a serving dish. Spoon out the sauce all over it. Keep it in the fridge. Serve the dish at room temperature or chilled.
Add the garlic. When the smell of garlic comes out, add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Cover and cook until the tomatoes are soft at low heat.