This salad is so easy but so delicious – a perfect way to use feta cheese. There seem to be a couple of variations: don’t use vinegar; don’t use a red pepper.
One recommendation is to use salt and leave the tomatoes and cucumber for a while. The red onion also is an important ingredient and oregano is mentioned in more than one recipe.
- 6 firm ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 200g marinated Greek olives
- 220g marinated feta, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 tsp salt 125ml (1/2 cup)
- olive oil 60ml (1/4 cup)
- white vinegar
- Step 1 Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum, olives and feta in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Step 2 Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a jug. Drizzle the salad with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.